A 1911 documentary travelogue of New York City by a Swedish film crew. From the MoMA collection (viewable online through July 11).
Things to note:
• Spectacular views of bridges, skylines, landmarks, steamship ferries, trolleys, El trains, pedestrian and vehicle traffic, and fashion.
• Most people ignoring (or not noticing) the camera
• At least two instances of one-legged men (war veterans?) (@ ~3:00 and 4:47, and possibly a third @ 6:16)
• Same-sex couple holding hands as they cross Brooklyn Bridge (@ 3:42)
• Almost everybody wearing hats, except for a trio of men with hats in hand crossing the street in front of the Flatiron Building, one of whom puts his back on when he seems to spot the camera (@ 6:30)